- What is CBD?
CBD, short for cannabidiol, is the chemical compound from the cannabis plant. Cannabidiol reacts with receptors in your body to promote relaxation, pain relief and many other benefits. CBD is non-psychoactive so it won’t get you high or make you fail a drug test.
- Is CBD Legal? Is it weed?
Yes CBD is legal. It is not weed. It’s a completely different plant. Cannabis is grown for CBD and can only have .3% THC (the chemical component that gets you ‘high’) to be legal. Weed is grown to have a much higher percentage of THC and is not legal everywhere. CBD is legal everywhere! Right now there a huge “grey” area in the laws with CBD and weed, but CBD is legal.
- What benefits does CBD offer?
CBD is amazing at helping with pain and stress. CBD has been shown to help with nerve and muscular pain. CBD has amazing relaxing properties and that helps with stress and anxiety which, in turn, can help with sleep.
- Isolate vs full-spectrum:
Isolate is just CBD, No other components of cannabis. Full-spectrum has some THC (below the legal .3%) and contains other aspects of cannabis, The THC that can make it work better for some people but can also make you fail a drug test. THC can stay in your system for weeks so if you take full-spectrum CBD and are drug tested you run that risk. If you get drug tested it’s much safer to stay with CBD Isolate.
- How do you use CBD?
There are many ways to use CBD. There are edibles, oils, topical creams, capsules, vapes, and you can smoke CBD flower which looks and smells like weed but isn’t. The type of CBD to try depends on what you’re using it for. For pain in one area a topical might work, or pain in a large area a topical paired with an edible or an oil you take orally might be best.
- Edibles: exactly like it sounds, candy or food with CBD that you eat, usually takes longer to reach full effect.
- Topicals: A cream with CBD isolate or full-spectrum CBD that you apply to the area. EX: low back pain, or knee pain. Usually starts working pretty quickly.
- Oils: There are CBD oils that you put under your tongue, you leave it there for a few minutes and then swallow it. Reaches full effect pretty fast because it soaks in the skin in our mouth. Sometimes can not taste the best.
- Capsules: A pill with CBD in it. Easier to take and tastes better than oils you put under your tongue but takes a little longer to reach full effect.
- Vapes and Hemp flower: Both of these reach full effect pretty fast. The negative side is that inhaling it into your lungs is not the best for you, not as bad as cigarettes but still not recommended. Also, its harder to tell is these are CBD or weed, so if you’re pulled over, the police may assume its weed.
- How do I know which kind is good?
There are many CBD oils out there and they all claim to be the best, so when choosing which kind you want, look for the third party tests. These tests will tell you how much CBD there is and what kinds it has. These tests will also show you how much THC it contains and how much.
- Is Hemp Oil the same as CBD?
No, Hemp oil is just oil, like Olive oil or Coconut oil. A lot of CBD products are also made with Hemp oil. The actual Hemp oil does not contain any CBD. Hemp oil is great for your skin and joint health, it just doesn’t have the same benefits as CBD but that’s why they pair together great.
Read more here: